On May 20th, the Center for Independent Living and The Villages Public Safety hosted an Emergency Preparedness Conference for people with disabilities, senior adults, and the community. This conference was aimed to update people on how to best prepare for emergencies and to ensure they’re exposed to all of the resources that are available to them.
We would like to thank all of the companies, vendors, and speakers for helping out with this conference. Without the support and contributions from these following organizations, we would not be able to put on conferences that address these crucial topics!
- SECO Energy
- Dunkin’ Donuts
- Rohan Recreation Center
- The Village Public Safety
- Sumter County Emergency Management
- Comfort Keepers
- Lake County Emergency Management
- Clear Caption
- Lowe’s of Wildwood
- Dept. of Health
- Dept. of Health volunteers’
- Dept. of Health SNP
- Dept. of Health MRC
- Family Network on Disabilities
- Tony Delisle (CILNCF) & Beth Meyers (Florida Independent Living Council, Inc.)
- David Casto (Sumter County Emergency Management)
- Chris Littlewood (Instructional Technology Coordinator/St. Pete College)
- Tralene Lucas (SECO Energy)
Thank you again to all of these organizations for your unwavering support and contribution!