The Florida Department of Health has issued a Declaration of Public Health Emergency for Hepatitis A. Please see the attached Declaration for more information.
Come on out to the Senior Recreation Center on Thursday, July 25th to help us celebrate the ADA! Click on the link below for more information.
The Florida Association of Centers for Independent Living (FACIL) and the Florida Independent Living Council (FILC) are hosting a Tele-Press Conference TODAY to tell Governor Scott, FEMA and our elected officials, “There’s No Place Like Home” for tens of thousands of Floridians with disabilities still displaced by Hurricane Michael.
Disaster Survivors, Disability Leaders and Community Allies across Florida and the nation will participate in a Tele-Press Conference Friday, November 2nd, 2018 at 3:00pm. Speakers will share their stories about the immediate and long-term crisis facing thousands of displaced Floridians with disabilities. These families have nowhere to live and no good options for their recovery.
Call number: 1-641-715-3580
Access Code: 996329#
Captioning Link for participants with disabilities who require this accommodation:
Please direct questions to: Beth Meyer, Executive Director, FILC, 850-488-5624.
Hurricane Season is officially here and runs from June 1st – November 30th. Please take advantage of the 2018 Sales Tax Holiday from June 1st – 7th for any needed hurricane supplies!
For more information on the Florida Division of Emergency Management and the GET A PLAN Program, visit www.FloridaDisaster.org.
Some of the specific items in the Sales Tax Holiday includes:
- A portable self-powered light source selling for $20 or less
- A portable self-power radio, two-way radio, or weather band radio selling for $50 or less
- A tarpaulin or other flexible waterproof sheeting selling for $50 or less
- A self-contained first-aid kit selling for $30 or less
- A ground anchor system or tie-down kit selling for $50 or less
- A gas or diesel fuel tank selling for $25 or less
- A package of AA-cell, C-cell, D-cell, 6-Volt or 9-Volt batteries, excluding automobile and boat batteries, selling for $30 or less
- A nonelectric food storage cooler selling for $30 or less
- A portable generator that is used to provide light or communications or preserve food in the event of a power outage selling for $750 or less
SPECIAL THANKS TO THE FOLLOWING LOCAL BUSINESSES WHO GENEROUSLY SPONSORED OUR OCALA OPEN HOUSE!
- Sonny’s BBQ
- Bruster’s Ice Cream
- Ocala Civic Theater
- Betty Cakes
- Batton’s Auto
- Jimmy John’s
- Ruby Tuesday
- Smokin’ Swamp BBQ
- Shear Vanity
- Skate A Way South
- Morgan Brothers Plumbing Supply
- Paper Net
- A Better U Healthcare
- Painting with a Twist
- The Works Groomer
- Bittings Pharmacy
- Home Run Realty
- Gyro Grill
- Anytime Fitness
- Zhang Gardens
- Ale House
- Wing House
- Lakis Restaurant
- Dance Alive National Ballet
- Phillips Center for the Performing Arts
Many thanks from our awesome Ocala team!